Monday 28 September 2015

First official Dr. Ruchi Book Review - The Girl on the Train

I've written book reviews on my facebook page for years... and whenever you come into the office, we probably discuss the latest book I'm reading. Dr. Nijjar and I are in a book club and we LOVE to talk about the books we've read -- especially the ones that inspire us.

So here goes my first official book review on our office blog. Enjoy, comment, and hope you "like".

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins


Another book that just makes you want to keep reading. Each chapter skips between a different character's perspective. This always slows me down at first. But once you learn the characters --this book has you hooked! We have mystery, complicated characters (none of which I liked btw!), and a plot twist at the end --that we never saw coming. This author is amazing. The way she intricately weaves in the details of the story. I wonder... what was her writing process? Straight through? Or did she write the beginning, middle, and the end and then go back to fill in the details. The pieces to this puzzle came together so beautifully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment