Friday 29 January 2016

Dr Ruchi Reviews The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri

The Namesake is one of my favorite, favorite books. So when Jhumpa Lahiri publishes a new piece of work, I jump at the chance to read it.


Somehow, it took me time to get to The Lowland. But as soon as I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. 

It is true Lahiri. Well developed characters. Awesome prose. A story that makes you turn the pages quickly and crisply. For a historical fiction addict like me, this book was just right up my ally. 

I loved the first three fourths of the book. The last quarter..... Well. Let's just say that the ending was a bit expected. 

The more I read, and the more I "go through life", I expect more from the experiences to which I devote my time. So perhaps I'm being a bit hard on the last quarter of this book.

Overall, this book is a B+! 

No comments:

Post a Comment